Washington County burn ban? Here’s a link to the full news release out of Hillsboro, and here’s the most important part:
The burn ban prohibits:
- Backyard burning of yard debris. (This is not allowed within the City of Hillsboro regardless of a burn ban.)
- Agricultural burning without a permit.
- Land clearing or slash burning without a permit.
The outdoor burn ban allows:
- Recreational fires three feet or less in diameter and two feet or less in height used for pleasure, religion, ceremony, cooking, or warmth.
- Portable outdoor fireplaces that are solid, fuel-burning, and constructed of steel, concrete (such as retaining wall blocks), clay, or other non-combustible materials.
- Barbeque equipment used in connection with a residence.
- Oregon-legal fireworks and permitted firework displays.